Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Random Thoughts #4

  • RvBTO was a blast. Here's a my photobucket album for those who're interested! The ride up there was a lot of fun, and my travel companions were pretty awesome! The Rock Band competition was epic, as my band won the event! Lots of good memories! I even got to play and teach Alhambra to some of the people there, and a few of them seemed genuinely interested in board gaming in general. Our late night/early morning D&D session also went well, and had a surprising amount of interest by non-D&D players. I spent a good portion of the Saturday event teaching people how to read a 4th Edition Character Sheet. :D
  • Speaking of Toronto and gaming, this shop is the fucking bomb. It very much reminds me of Game Headquarters here in OKC, but about 1/4th as big. Very cool store, and they even gave me a couple of Agricola promo cards (the Z deck and O deck) on my way out!
  • Now that RvBTO is behind me, my goals are to get you guys reviews on A Game Of Thrones, Automobile (which I've not played yet), and Snow Tails. Hopefully I'll be able to get to all of these this week, although I think I want another go at A Game of Thrones before rendering a judgement.
  • Finally, I'm getting a new phone today (Blackberry Bold), which should allow for better internets and mobile blogging and twittering. I should get it this afternoon. I'm all excited for new toys! :D

0 comments: