Thursday, April 23, 2009

Random Thoughts #1

  • I got Scene It: Box Office Smash the other day on the cheap. It's a pretty decent game, and as a trivia party game there's not a whole lot to it. I also got the DLC, just because.
  • Speaking of my XBox, I had to replace the wireless board yesterday. See, I'd not been able to use any of my wireless controllers ever since we moved into our house last year. I originally thought that the wireless bridge that was connecting the 360 to my wireless network was interfering with the controllers signals. But when I took the XBox over to a friend's house to play Street Fighter IV, it displayed the same behavior. So I got a new wireless board off of eBay, and borrowed a coworker's XBox tool to open up the console and replace the board. After swapping out the old board with the new one, putting everything back together and firing up the console, it seems to have resolved the problem. I played Rock Band 2 with one of my new wireless controllers for about 30 minutes with no problems. Yay!
  • I'm looking forward to finally playing Roads and Boats this weekend. At no point will I ever refer to the game as Motors and Boats.
  • The Left 4 Dead Survival game type that came with the new DLC is nihilistic, infuriating, and a lot of fun in small quantities.
  • Our two current D&D campaigns are going well. I've got an 8th level Dragonborn Paladin that's starting to multiclass into warlord, and a 5th level Fighter with the Battlerager class features. We've also got another mini-campaign on the back burner that involves rescuing my corrupted cleric of Moradin. I'm running a 6th level Swordmage in that adventure. One of these days, maybe I'll play something other than a defender. :P

2 comments:

Larry said...

Small doses is right! Survival is cahrazy.

Also, if you want something new in D&D, play an Avenger. Cloth-wearing melee strikers are about as different as it gets from a defender. :D

Jonathan said...

I was rereading the Avenger class, and now have an idea for a build. I might have to be a dwarven Avenger if my battlerager happens to die. :D