Friday, July 23, 2010

Comic-Con Teases and Post #100

It's that time of year again, and time to get excited about the movies and media that we can expect in the coming year.  Yes, Green Lantern is on it's way as is Thor and Captain America., but there are several other projects that I'm really looking forward to.  Here are some selected pics and blurbs about what I'm talking about:

The Walking Dead


First up is the Frank Darabont-helmed TV adaptation of Robert Kirkland's graphic (and I mean GRAPHIC) novel, The Walking Dead.  Sure zombies might be so 2008, but between this series and the long-delayed World War Z movie about to start production, the shambling undead genre is about to get some serious cred.  When I first heard about the TV series and it the comic it's based off of, I was intrigued.  As a happenstance, I got the first volume of the graphic novel as a Secret Santa gift, and was hooked.  This is one of the best comics I've ever read, and I am excited to see it realized as a live-action series.

Avatar: The Legend of Korra


No, there are no fucking Na'vi, Home Trees, or unobtainium in this series.  What we are looking at is the first image from the sequel to Avatar: The Last Airbender.  The new series follows the adventures of a new Avatar, 70 years after the first show left off.  I absolutely loved A:TLA, and cannot wait to see where the story goes from here.  Look for this in 2011!

Tron Legacy




















































Finally, we have another look at the upcoming Tron Legacy.  I purposefully have been trying to avoid finding out what happens in this movie, but the trailers are just too pretty to be ignored.  Although Inception was great, the best movie of the year just might hit in December.
As a side note for those half-a-dozen readers that have stuck with me for these last couple of years, I want to say that I truly appreciate your visits here.  I don't get a lot of feedback on what I write on this site, but when I stop updating I tend to hear about it from people that I care about.  The new Tuesday / Friday post schedule has been hard at times, but it's very rewarding to see what can be done if I stick to it.  Thanks, come back soon, and tell a friend.  <3

0 comments: