Friday, July 9, 2010

Random Thoughts #8

  • I just finished both seasons of The Tower of Druaga. Very cool, and I'll have more in-depth thoughts next week!
  • Today was also a big day on the PAX front for Late Nite JengaJam. We've just gotten word that we've been approved to receive media passes for PAX Prime 2010. What does this mean? First off, our passes are free. Also, there are special media-only events that we'll be able to go to. We're still trying to figure out how to best take advantage of this opportunity, but count on lots of interviews and maybe even a special live show. We'll see!
  • Well, The Last Airbender may have been a bust, but I'm looking forward to Predators this weekend, and Inception next week!
  • I picked up Borderlands on Steam. I haven't gotten to play much, but I get the feeling I missed a bunch of exposition by running the opening without my headphones. Oh well, you just shoot stuff and make them dead, right?
  • Must not think about the sweet STI Trojan in 9mm that I shot last week. Must not think about the sweet STI Trojan in 9mm that I shot last week. Must not…
  • Moving on, this whole dog and pony show featuring LeBron James has been absurd. ESPN started this crap 3 years ago right after the Spurs kicked the ever-loving shit out of the Cavs in the NBA Finals. Since then, it's been "WHERE'S LEBRON GOING TO GO?!?!?!" practically every night on Sportscenter. "Hey assholes", I would tell the indifferent TV set, "LeBron's got a team. Let's not talk this up while he's still a Cavalier!". This always came off as very rude to the fans that had been rooting for their hometown hero for 7 years. I'd never thought ill of LeBron, and always thought it was cool that he got to play professional ball in his home state. As for the talk of free agency, the NBA itself was more than happy to play along with this shameful display. Sadly, a lot of people bought into the hype, and it finally came to a head last night as James joined Dwayne Wade and Chris Bosh with the Miami Heat. Echoing a comment I made on Facebook, the whole thing has been utterly disrespectful to the Cleveland fans. Sure, this is probably the best shot at a championship than he's ever had or will ever have again. However, it's not fair to Cleveland to not only be flippant about the decision to stay or go, but to help feed the media hype that's constantly reminding Cavs fans about what they might lose. LeBron has come off like a twat, and it seems to me that he could learn a thing or two from OKC's own Kevin Durant, who handled his contract talks with poise and dignity. Also, I can't wait for the Spurs or the Thunder to walk into Miami and whip the Heat's ass. I hope that LeBron James is remembered as the greatest player to never win a title. That's a petty thought to have, especially considering that D. Wade's already been to the top, and Bosh is a talent like few others. As long as Miami can actually fill out the team with the proper supporting players, they will be a force to be reckoned with. I instead choose to be spiteful for no good reason, and hope that he fails again to rise to the top.

0 comments: