Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Random Thoughts #10

  • Scott Pilgrim vs. The World premiered this weekend, and promptly got STALLOW3D!1 (thanks Davey!)  Why did this happen, when SPvTW was clearly the better pic?  Despite the marketing machine that was churning up to the release, I think that movie-goers as a whole didn't quite know what they might get with Scott Pilgrim.  Both The Expendables and Eat, Pray, Love make it very clear what kind of movie you're in for, mediocre as they may be.  Hopefully, as word-of-mouth spreads, the returns for Scott Pilgrim will improve.  I for one plan to take my friends out to see it next weekend, and hopefully you will too.
  • PAX is quickly approaching.  The schedule is out and I'm looking forward to covering the event for Late Nite JengaJam along with my partner in crime, Lauren AKA OboeCrazy.  Along with covering the event as nearly legitimate media, I'll also be cosplaying for the first time at a convention.  To say I'm a little nervous would be an understatement, but I'm fully committed to this and am looking forward to the experience.  I'll be going as the Demoman from Team Fortress 2, and I'll be wielding his ubiquitous scrumpy bottle as well as the newer Eyelander.  I won't be alone as several of my friends are also joining me as an Engineer, Heavy, Medic, and Pyro.  Stay tuned for more updates!
  • That's all for now.  Hopefully I'll have something more substantial for Friday. 

0 comments: